EJBCA 4.0.15 is now out!
Extended CMP User Guide!
Certified PKI for Customers!
EJBCA is an enterprise class PKI Certificate Authority software, built using Java (JEE) technology. It is a robust, high performance, platform independent, flexible, and component based CA to be used stand-alone or integrated in other JEE applications.
An enterprise class PKI CA, EJBCA can be used to build a complete PKI infrastructure for your organization. If you only want to issue a few single certificates for testing, there are probably options that will get you started quicker, but if you want a serious PKI CA we recommend EJBCA.
EJBCA has everything for your trust center. Contact us for more info.
You can use EJBCA to issue certificates for different purposes such as:
- Strong authentication for users accessing your intranet/extranet/internet resources.
- Secure communication with SSL/TLS servers and SSL/TLS clients. EJBCA is an excellent SSL PKI.
- Smart card logon to Windows and/or Linux.
- Signing and encrypting email (SMIME).
- VPN connections by issuing certificates to your VPN routers such as OpenVPN, Cisco, Juniper etc.
- Client VPN access with certificates in users VPN clients.
- Single sign-on by using a single certificate to secure logon to web applications.
- Creating signed documents.
- Mobile PKI, enrolling iOS etc.
- Secure mobile networks, i.e. 3GPP/LTE/4G using the CMP protocol.
- Counterfeit prevention by signing and pairing accessories.
- Issue citizen certificates for access to government resources, used in passports etc.
- Create CVCAs and DVs and issue CV certificates (CVC) to Document Verifiers and Inspection Systems for EU EAC ePassports.
- ... and many many more ...
You can also use EJBCA to set up a CA independent, high performance, highly available OCSP responder service.
Together with sister projects (see Complementary software) of EJBCA you can also:
This PKI software is OSI Certified Open Source Software. OSI Certified is a certification mark of the Open Source Initiative.
The source code of EJBCA is hosted on a (mostly) public svn and all downloads include the complete source code can be downloaded from Sourceforge.net.
If you want to contribute to EJBCA, please see Contribute to EJBCA
Commercial support, development, integration and maintenance for EJBCA is available through PrimeKey Solutions.