EJBCA Community 6.2.0 is now out! The next generation open source PKI is here, supporting Java 7, JBoss 7 and new advanced features.
EJBCAv6 Virtual Machine (VM)
Turn-Key PKI with EJBCA Enterprise
EJBCA® is a PKI Certificate Authority software, built using Java (JEE) technology. EJBCA is a robust, flexible, high performance, scalable, platform independent, and component based CA to be used stand-alone or integrated with other applications.
Being an extremely scalable and flexible PKI CA, EJBCA is suitable to build a complete PKI infrastructure for large enterprises and organizations. If you only want to issue a few single certificates for testing, there are probably options that will get you started quicker, but if you want a serious PKI CA we recommend EJBCA. EJBCA is:
- A Certificate Authority (link to documentation site).
- A Validation Authority (link to documentation site).
- An OCSP Responder (link to documentation site).
EJBCA has everything for your trust center. Contact us for more info.
You can use EJBCA to issue certificates for different purposes such as:
- Strong authentication for users accessing your intranet/extranet/internet resources.
- Secure communication with SSL/TLS servers and SSL/TLS clients. EJBCA is an excellent SSL PKI.
- Smart card logon to Windows and/or Linux.
- Signing and encrypting email (SMIME).
- VPN connections by issuing certificates to your VPN routers such as OpenVPN, Cisco, Juniper etc.
- Client VPN access with certificates in users VPN clients.
- Single sign-on by using a single certificate to secure logon to web applications.
- Creating signed documents.
- Mobile PKI, enrolling iOS etc.
- Secure mobile networks, i.e. 3GPP/LTE/4G using the CMP protocol.
- Counterfeit prevention by signing and pairing accessories.
- Internet of Things (IoT). Need some hundreds of millions of certificates fast? EJBCA will handle it.
- Mobile Device Management (MdM).
- Issue citizen certificates for access to government resources, used in passports etc.
- Create CVCAs and DVs and issue CV certificates (CVC) to Document Verifiers and Inspection Systems for EU EAC ePassports and eIDs.
- ... and many many more ...
Together with sister projects (see Complementary software) of EJBCA you can also:
- Get central trusted Time Stamps for you electronically signed documents.
- Perform central signing of documents.
- Sign electronic passport data (MRTD).
- Issue hard tokens (smart cards) and manage the complete life cycle of cards and certificates.
- ... and many many more ...
The library is freely usable under the LGPL 2.1 (or later) license for all parties interesting in handling CVC certificates, in particular for EU EAC ePassports. The cert-cvc library was donated to the open source by the Swedish National Police Board.
This PKI software is OSI Certified Open Source Software. OSI Certified is a certification mark of the Open Source Initiative.
The source code of EJBCA is hosted on a (mostly) public svn and all downloads include the complete source code and can be downloaded from Sourceforge.net.
If you want to contribute to EJBCA, please see Contribute to EJBCA
You can also donate to EJBCA, please see Donate to EJBCA
Commercial support, development, integration and maintenance for EJBCA is available through PrimeKey Solutions.